Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Gawal Mandee at it's best ...

I came across this picture on a friend's (The one sitting in the front, doing God knows what ;) profile on orkut. This is the entrance of 'Food Street' in Gawal Mundee, Lahore.




If you just try to ignore those two guys (and the lion) and focus on the surroundings, you can actually see the great Lahori culture screaming out from every small detail. From the banners to the buildings to the shops and the roads, every thing has it's own little style. Although I just can't imagine what kind of movie would have a name like 'Lagey Tha Karkey' :p

The picture made me smile .. probably because I spent my early years of childhood less than two miles of that place or maybe because I'm just trying to act like a wannabe Pujnabi but can't even speak a complete sentence in the punjabi language.

Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gawaal Mundee k siri paye aur main aur meray saath ........

lol - gotta love that song.