Thursday, November 23, 2006
- I went to bed at 5am, and was woken up at 9am, and I wasn't grouchy. I was actually in a good mood and I even smiled.
- I spent the entire day sleeping and watching movies. And I didn't feel guilty about wasting time. (I guess the people you hang out with really effect your behaviour)
- Having butterflies in your stomach can actually feel good sometime. I usually associated that feeling with dreaded job interviews only.
- I actually vacuumed the living room before my roommate started bitching to me about it.
- Today, after I read a particular text msg, I missed my exit on my way back home because I was lost in my thoughts and smiling to myself. And I didn't even get mad. I just kept smiling and made a u-turn at the next exit.
- I realized that I'm not irritated by people who become clingy when they're drunk. I actually liked it. :)
- Talking into the wee hours of the morning can be so much fun. I think I'm going to try and see if I can stay up to the point where I can get to see the sunrise.
- Not all cheesy romantic movies are .. umm .. cheesy?
I think I know what's going on ... but I dont think I blurt it out yet.
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Buckeyes was really popular and was used to store pens, pencils, markers etc, while Bubba was only used for carrying drinking water.
Being the thinking type and extremely emotional, Bubba had often spent hours thinking about what would happen to him once he got thrown into the trash where a lot of his look alikes had ended up after spending days on the desk rotting away with stale coffee and other equally disgusting stuff.
He decided that he wouldn't go down without a fight. And began a journey of rigorous self improvement. And voila .... check out the new 'Bubba'
And he didn't just stop there, along with being such a smart cup, he was also realistic. He knew that a new hair style and the basic facial features wouldn't be enough to save him from his fate.
And he didn't stop there ......
He wanted to look cooler.
And here is the new Bubba.
Now he can't wait for monday morning when people will come back to work and look at him and whisper among themselves 'Did you see Bubba?' or 'Omg! How could I have never noticed him before? ... he's so cute'
And Buckeyes will become green with envy and beleive me, green will never look good with his all fakey red color.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Most people would say that I shouldn't be complaining. But it's just driving me crazy.
All I did was write the code for an application that was somebody else's idea, which somebody else designed. And since yesterday I continuously get called in to demo it to various people in the company calling it Arfeen's new software.
I guess what's really bugging me is the fact that I've done a lot of really neat things in the past and I rarely got any recognition for them. Things that worked behind the scenes, which took a lot of time and effort to develop. And now everybody is 'ooh and aah'ing over this new software (which only took 3 days to program from start to finish) just because it has a cute front end.
or .. maybe I shouldn't complain ... and just bask in the glory while it lasts.
[END OF RANT]