Friday, July 06, 2007

Dreaming with eyes open?

You know what my problem is? I've got a pretty wild imagination. And that, in turn fosters some really foolish expectations & ideas. And that, in turn leads to being let down occasionally because those expectations/ideas were somewhat unrealistic right from the start.

So, if I know what the problem is ... I can easily go and fix it right?
No -- I don't want to!! I don't think my ideas are totally crazy or that I'm overly naive. Granted that I still sometimes fail to recognize the bad intentions of some people ahead of time, but I'm afraid to become one of those people who question every action of every person they meet or talk to. Once you start doing that, it's really hard to set the boundaries about who to believe. A cynic is something that I don't want to be .. ever.

There's a running joke in our family that we men in the Godil (My last name) family can take a seemingly small idea and run with it in our minds to create a full blown possible scenario that could span up to several decades and explore every little nook and cranny of that idea. This could last anywhere from a couple of hours to several days. During this time our minds would be churning continuously still trying to decode the idea until we either get tired of it or actually do some real work towards that idea.

I'm currently living in that self induced high that has now lasted for more than three weeks (with it's usual up and downs) .. In the last 3 weeks, I've started a software development company by the name 'WebCentric Solutions' with a really good friend of mine. I'll do a separate post on it sometime later.
WebCentric Solutions' first major project is going to be on online market place in Pakistan. It's about time we made common Pakistani people get comfortable with online shopping. We plan to launch Pakistan's biggest online shopping site and make it easy for every Asim, Ahmed and Saleem (Tom, Dick and Harry :p) to go online and buy and sell stuff.
There's a huge amount of details to worry about and we've been working day and night trying to address them one by one. It's all I can think of every waking minute. But it's sooo0o much fun and I wouldn't want to trade this for anything else. It's going to be bigger than anything I've done before.
So please pray for us that we can pull this off.

Adios

Arfeen

4 comments:

ThinkTank said...

Thats a gr8 project u gona start. This will be a one stop place for the pakistanis who wants e-shopping within Pakistan. Wish u all the best ... prays with u...

btw cool name... webcentric. :)

ThinkTank said...

and thats me ... Arfeen. :)

Arf said...

Hey .. thanks for the good wishes my friend .... since you're on that mailing list of ours .. you'll be the first person to know once we roll out the pre-Beta version some time in September.

Aya said...

This sounds great!The very best of luck for everything!